Thank you from your winner- Eimear!

Students! Did you do your profile survey? Check your email for a chance to win a €25 voucher and tell us what you think now!

Well that was an intense but fun two weeks! Firstly, thank you to all the students and teachers for taking part. I loved answering such a wide range of questions and I was very impressed with all the knowledge everyone had about space! I really enjoyed all of the sessions with schools. It was great being able to share my knowledge and experience with such enthusiastic and interesting students. I hope that all of the engineer’s answers have helped you identify what aspects of science and engineering you could study in the future. I hope we inspired you and cleared up any concerns you might have had about engineering. And to be honest, all of the interesting questions and chats inspired me and reignited my love of space!

It was also amazing to virtually meet Lána, Willi, Jonathan and James! I learnt a lot about their work and about space in general. I think it was great to have so many engineers who work in different fields and have different backgrounds. This greatly enriched the experience for me as I learnt a lot about satellites and space, which I would not have in my day-to-day work. I’m really looking forward to a successful EIRSAT-1 launch now!!

Also thanks to the fantastic mods! Each session was very intense and honesty a little overwhelming at first. I don’t think I’ve ever answered so many questions in a day, never mind 30 minutes! But the mods did amazing work in keeping the conversations flowing and maintaining the casual and friendly atmosphere.

I will be working on a plan in the coming week of how to put the prize money to good use. However, my goal is to use the money to raise awareness of how satellites are used to increase our knowledge of the planet and hopefully help make it better.

Thank you again to everyone

Eimear

Engineers! If you’d like the chance to win funding for your own STEM outreach, apply for the next I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here Ireland: imanengineer.ie/engineers-apply

Posted on March 14, 2018 by modsiobhan in News. Leave a comment